You’ll love the distinctive flavors of our keto Greek egg and lemon soup with hen. This pleasant soup presents a creamy texture with out the necessity for cream, making it an ideal alternative for these following a keto food regimen.
Combining hen, cauliflower, eggs, and butter, this one-pot marvel will fulfill your cravings and hold you in keeping with your keto targets. Immerse your self within the gentle and silky broth that boasts the colourful flavors of Greece, and expertise the consolation and nourishment this soup brings.
Making the dish does contain just a few steps, however the result’s value it. Start by putting thinly sliced hen thighs in a saucepan and including hen broth. Deliver the combination to a boil, then add a bouillon dice, garlic, and a bay leaf.
Scale back the warmth to medium and let it simmer for 10 minutes till the hen is cooked. Take away the cooked hen and the bay leaf whereas maintaining the broth heat. You’ll be able to then grate the cauliflower into the saucepan and add the butter.
Subsequent, combine the eggs, one cup of inventory, and lemon juice in a bowl, seasoning with salt and pepper. Take away the soup from the warmth and progressively add the egg combination, stirring constantly.
Return the pot to low warmth and let the soup simmer for a couple of minutes till it thickens barely, ensuring to not boil it to stop curdling. Use an immersion blender or a hand mixer to mix the soup for a clean consistency.
Lastly, return the cooked hen to the soup and serve in large bowls with a sprinkle of lemon zest and finely chopped dill. Take pleasure in!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Greek Lemon Egg Soup
- 16 ounce boneless, skinless hen thighs
- 4 cups hen broth
- 1 dice hen bouillon dice
- 1 complete bay leaf
- 12 ounce cauliflower, riced
- 5 tablespoon butter
- 4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 massive eggs
- 1 medium lemon, juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon recent dill, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried dill)
- salt and pepper, to style
1. Collect and prep all substances.
2. Add hen thighs, broth, bouillon dice, bay leaf, and salt and pepper to style right into a pot. Deliver the broth to a boil, then cut back and let simmer for 12 minutes. As soon as the hen is cooked by way of, take away it from the pot and put aside.
3. Add cauliflower and butter to the pot and produce to a boil once more.
4. Whereas the soup is heating up, beat the eggs and lemon juice in a bowl till combined properly. Season with salt and pepper to style.
5. Add a bowlful of soup into the eggs whereas slowly whisking to mood them.
6. Take away the soup from the warmth, then add egg combination into the soup whereas stirring constantly. Return soup to the warmth and softly simmer for 2-3 minutes. Don’t let the soup boil as it will curdle the eggs.
7. Combine the soup with a hand blender till clean and all substances are integrated. Return hen again into the soup to heat by way of.
8. Serve whereas scorching, garnishing with chopped dill and lemon zest.
This makes a complete of 4 servings of Keto Greek Lemon Egg Soup. Every serving comes out to be 415 energy, 30.6g fat, 6.4g internet carbs, and 29.9g protein.
|16.00 ounce boneless, skinless hen thighs||649||40.5||0||0||0||76.9|
|4.00 cup hen broth||60||2.1||4.4||0||4.4||6.4|
|1.00 dice hen bouillon dice||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 complete bay leaf||3||0.1||0.8||0.3||0.5||0.1|
|12.00 ounce cauliflower rice||85||1||17||6.8||10.2||6.5|
|5.00 tablespoon butter||509||57.5||0||0||0||0.6|
|4.00 teaspoon recent garlic||17||0.1||3.8||0.2||3.5||0.7|
|4.00 massive egg||315||20.9||1.6||0||1.6||27.6|
|1.00 medium lemon||24||0.3||7.8||2.4||5.5||0.9|
|1.00 tablespoon recent dill||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/4)||415||30.6||8.9||2.4||6.4||29.9|