Almond Flour Tortillas are a really low-carb, gluten-free different to wheat flour tortillas. They’re created from almonds and psyllium husk powder. If you’d like them to be extra pliable, add gelatin powder to the combo.
These almond flour tortillas are versatile and keto-friendly, and can be utilized to make all kinds of low-carb, low-sugar, gluten-free, high-protein, dairy-free Mexican dishes. As a result of they’re created from almonds and psyllium, in addition they gained’t be very excessive in saturated fats. The psyllium husk powder offers the tortillas the durability they should maintain as much as sizzling meals.
Psyllium is a soluble fiber that resists digestion. It additionally helps obtain the proper keto tortilla texture by absorbing water, permitting the dough to carry collectively. It’s vital to make use of tremendous advantageous almond flour as a result of if the particles are too massive, they’ll make for a gritty texture.
It’s fairly widespread so as to add water to the dough, however in case you discover that the dough is just too delicate or sticky, you’ll be able to add extra psyllium till you get the feel you need.
Use melted butter as a substitute of olive oil to create a firmer tortilla. If you happen to desire, you’ll be able to grill the tortillas for about 30 seconds on both sides to make them crisp. They’re nonetheless versatile even after being grilled, however be warned: they don’t maintain as much as sauces until they’re delicate.
The recipe makes six tortillas. You possibly can retailer the additional ones within the fridge and reheat them within the microwave or bake them within the oven. Additionally they freeze effectively, so you may make them for later.
Yields 6 servings of Keto Almond Tortillas
- 13 teablespoon almond flour
- 2 teaspoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup water
1. Measure out and put together the entire elements.
2. In a mixing bowl, add within the dry elements: almond flour, coconut flour, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to mix effectively.
3. Add within the heat water and melted butter.
4. Stir collectively till every thing is mixed effectively.
5. Knead the dough utilizing clear arms till the dough is clean
6. Calmly oil two sheets of parchment paper then place the dough ball in between the 2 items of oiled paper. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin. Peel the parchment paper away from the tortilla.
7. In a skillet over medium warmth, add a bit little bit of oil to the pan. Add the tortilla to the pan and let prepare dinner for 3 – 5 minutes earlier than flipping over to prepare dinner the opposite facet.
8. Take away the crust from the oven and place foil across the edges loosely. Place again within the oven for five to eight minutes or till golden brown. Let cool utterly earlier than including the filling in.
9. Get pleasure from!
This makes a complete of 6 servings of Keto Almond Tortillas. Every serving comes out to be 148 energy, 12g fats, 2g web carbs, and 6g protein.
|0.25 cup coconut flour||80||4.7||13.3||9.3||4||4|
|3.00 massive egg||236||15.7||1.2||0||1.2||20.7|
|2.00 tablespoon coconut oil||243||27||0||0||0||0|
|6.00 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk||11||1||0.5||0.3||0.2||0.5|
|1.00 teaspoon baking powder||2||0||1.3||0||1.3||0|
|1.00 teaspoon vanilla extract||12||0||0.6||0||0.6||0|
|1.00 tablespoon allulose||6||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per serving (/4)||148||12||4||2||2||6|