Surya Namaskar Ek, Fayde Anekh. In Surya Namaskar, Surya refers to “the solar,” and Namaskar means “bowing down in respect.” This has been the preferred yogic kriyas for a lot of many years now, because it combines 12 yoga asanas in a yogic sequence.
Training Surya Namaskar every day helps in balancing three constituents of your physique, i.e., Kapha, Pitta, and Vata, which can assist you lead your life in a better method and affect your creativity and intuitive talents. It’s easy but highly effective poses are what make it potential for individuals of all age teams to carry out it, anytime, anyplace
Varieties of Surya Namaskar
Over the centuries, Surya Namaskar has advanced, and its poses have differed into numerous types and variations. Furthermore, that is one yogic kriya that by no means diminished however has solely expanded. In actuality, Surya Namaskar is built-in into numerous forms of yoga types.
Let’s check out them within the part beneath:
1. Ashtanga Surya Namaskar: Within the Ashtanga Surya Namaskar collection, solar salutations have two varieties. -Kind A and B. Kind A consists of 9 Vinyasas and kind B consists of seventeen vinyasas.
2. Hatha Surya Namaskar: It’s carried out by the 12 spinal poses, which places deep emphasis on respiratory prominently. It is among the mostly practiced Surya Namaskar types and presumably the simplest one.
3. Iyengar Surya Namaskar: Iyengar Surya Namaskar is just like the Hatha observe, however right here the main target is a bit more on tempo and vitality, whereby, it’s carried out at a faster tempo than different Surya Namaskar sorts.
Shalika’s Unbelievable Weight Loss Journey – Misplaced 38 kgs in 12 Months
Chat with us to get began in your well being and health journey >> https://hlfy.me/YT_Video
How To Do Surya Namaskar – Hatha Type
On this part let’s spend a while exploring the 12 basic poses of conventional Hatha Surya Namaskar.
Pose 1 – Prayer pose (Pranamasana)
- Begin by standing straight on the entrance of your mat, bringing your ft collectively, and retaining arms unfastened alongside.
- Now, shut your eyes and produce your palms to satisfy within the middle of your chest. Loosen up the entire physique.
- This pose relaxes the nervous system and helps enhance stability. It additionally helps relieve stress and nervousness.
Pose 2 – Raised arms pose (Hasta Uttanasana)
- Hasta Uttanasana is began by exhaling deeply
- Inhale deeply thereafter, stretching your arms ahead and bringing them up over your head.
- Lookup and stretch the physique barely backward by pushing your pelvis ahead.
- Breathe out. (Deal with breathing-in if you arch backward, and as you bend ahead breathe-out.)
- Stretches and tones the muscle tissue of the stomach.
- Expands the entire physique from heel to the tip of the fingers.
Pose 3 – Hand to Foot Pose (Hasta Padasana)
- Exhale and begin to fold ahead and right down to the knees; as you come ahead, hold the backbone lengthy.
- Fingers down on the ground, have simply your fingertips touching the ground.
- Bend the knees simply sufficient so your chest can relaxation in opposition to the thighs, and your head touches your knee. Maintain this place for a couple of seconds.
- It stretches the backbone and makes it versatile.
- It additionally stretches the hamstrings and strengthens the legs, shoulders, and arms muscle tissue.
Pose 4: Equestrian pose – Ashwa Sanchalanasana
- Subsequent, step your proper leg again, placing simply the knee down and comfortably tucking the toes below.
- On the similar time bend the left knee leaving the foot flat on the ground.
- Press the fingertips or palms right down to the ground, roll the shoulders again, and slowly lookup.
- Strengthens the leg muscle tissue and backbone.
- Relieves in indigestion and constipation.
Pose 5 – Mountain pose (Parvatasana)
- Slowly exhale, having management deliver your palms onto the ground and stepping the left foot again beside the correct, raise your hips up into the air.
- Lengthening by your backbone, deliver the shoulders in direction of the ankles. Take a couple of breaths.
- It improves posture and calms the thoughts.
Pose 6 – Ashtanga Namaskara
- As you exhale, bend your knees to the bottom, retaining your toes curled below, come down whereas pushing your head ahead on the ground.
- Maintain your elbows proper in in opposition to your sides; supplying you with extra power.
- Now, as you construct extra power on this transition, you’ll be able to decrease the chest down whereas retaining your hip and stomach up within the air.
- It improves the flexibleness of the again and backbone.
- Strengthens the again muscle and relieves construct up stress.
Your eight physique chin, chest, each ft, each knees and each arms are labored in a single pose.
Pose 7 – Cobra pose (Bhujangasana)
- Maintain arms and ft proper the place they’re. And inhale.
- Slide ahead and lift your chest like a cobra.
- Roll the shoulders again, Maintain your elbows bent, and squeeze them again in direction of one another.
- Slowly search for.
- It improves flexibility and temper.
- It stretches the shoulders, chest, again, leg muscle tissue, all of sudden.
Pose 8 – Mountain pose (Parvatasana)
- When you exhale, tuck the toes below. (similar as pose 5)
- Press again to an inverted V place, lengthening by the backbone, bringing the shoulders in direction of the ankles. Take a couple of breaths right here. As you exhale, raise the hips in direction of the sky and press your arms into the bottom.
- It will increase the blood circulation to the spinal area.
It strengthens the muscle tissue of the legs and arms.
Pose 9 – Equestrian pose (Ashwa Sanchalanasana)
- Convey the left foot forwards between the arms, and push the pelvis forwards. Carry the torso and tilt the top again, arching the again and looking out as much as the sky (similar as pose 4).
- Brings flexibility to leg muscle tissue and tones deep core muscle tissue.
- Strengthens the backbone.
Pose 10: Hand to foot pose – Hasta Padasana.
- Exhale, hold the correct foot in entrance, bringing the legs collectively (similar as pose 3).
- Bend the knees simply sufficient so your chest can relaxation in opposition to the thighs, and your head touches your knee.
It improves blood circulation, stretches physique muscle tissue and makes the backbone extra versatile.
Pose 11 – Raised Arms Pose (Hasta Uttanasana)
- Inhale deeply thereafter stretching your arms ahead and bringing them up over your head (similar as pose 2)
- Lookup and stretch the physique barely backward by pushing your pelvis ahead.
- Breathe out.
- It improves respiratory operate, decrease again ache, and fatigue. It additionally aids digestion.
- Expands the chest, which ends up in a full consumption of oxygen.
Pose 12 – Standing Mountain pose (Tadasana)
- Then, eventually, exhale and are available again to the prayer place (similar as pose 1).
- Convey your arms down, gradual and regular.
- Strengthens thighs, knees, and ankles and improves posture.
- Tone your hips and stomach and enhance agility and blood circulation.
These 12 poses when practiced make up for one cycle of Surya Namaskar. Ideally, doing 12-15 cycles a day will get you all the advantages required by the physique, retaining you match and wholesome for a greater tomorrow.
- Steadiness of Dosha: Pita, Kapha, and Vata are three doshas that may exit of stability as a result of numerous causes. It’s majorly affected by the climate, meals, on a regular basis dangerous actions, stress at work, and depreciated sleep. Nonetheless, you’ll be able to hold your dosha according to practising Surya Namaskar every day.
- Weight-loss Booster: Merely stretching the stomach muscle tissue will definitely make you lose extra calories by Surya namaskar. It additionally manages the hormonal secretions from thyroid glands which might be answerable for weight acquire.
- Improves psychological well being: Surya Namaskar has an awesome significance to strengthen their focus and chill out their minds whereas lowering sleepiness, somatic stress, fear, and adverse feelings. It may possibly assist to revitalize the mind by partaking the spinal wire. A every day 15-minute observe can reap nice outcomes for the mind.
The HealthifyMe Notice
Surya Namaskara is an influence packed observe the place every of the 12 steps have their very own advantages. It’s best achieved at dawn on an empty abdomen. Aside from its bodily advantages, it reduces stress and revitalizes you.
The bodily advantages of Surya Namaskar are a lot. This 12 posture yogic kriya lubricates all of the joints of your physique by synchronizing along with your breath supplying you with higher bodily well being and psychological focus. The common observe of 12 rounds of Surya Namaskar not solely provides you huge advantages that allow you to uncover who you’re but in addition retains your physique wholesome and match from the within out!
Disclaimer: The aim of this text is simply to disperse information and unfold consciousness. It doesn’t intend to switch medical recommendation by professionals. For additional info please contact our licensed nutritions Here.
Steadily Requested Questions (FAQs)
Q. What are the 12 steps of Surya Namaskara?
Surya Namaskar begins with Pranamasana (Prayer Pose), adopted by Hasta Uttanasana (Raised Arm Pose), then Hasta Padasana (Hand to Foot Pose), Parvatasana (Mountain Pose), Ashtanga Namaskara (Eight Limbed Pose), Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose), then once more Parvatasana (Mountain Pose), Ashwa Sanchalanasana (Equestrian Pose), Hasta Padasana (Hand to Foot Pose), Hasta Uttanasana (Raised Arm Pose) and at last Tadasana (Standing Mountain Pose).
Q. What number of Surya Namaskara needs to be achieved in a day?
In case you are a newbie, persist with doing it 4 or 5 instances on a regular basis. You possibly can enhance the variety of units as you observe. Nonetheless, for those who really feel any discomfort or ache, seek the advice of a physician instantly.
Q. What are the advantages of Surya Namaskara?
Common observe of surya namaskar may be useful to you in a variety of methods. It may possibly assist you drop a few pounds, strengthen and tone your muscle tissue and joints, enhance digestive functioning, enhance respiratory well being and handle stress.
Q. Can I lose 10 kgs with Surya Namaskara?
Sure, it could actually assist you drop a few pounds however progressively. Dropping 2 kilos a month is named a wholesome weight reduction timeline. As 1 surya namaskar makes you lose 13.90 energy. Nonetheless, solely relying on it to drop a few pounds shouldn’t be very best. There are a selection of things that can collectively assist you healthily drop a few pounds, like a balanced weight loss plan, higher sleep cycle, lesser stress and so forth.
Q. Which is the very best time to do Surya Namaskar?
Surya Namaskar may be practiced any time of the day. Nonetheless, dawn is taken into account the perfect time because the morning solar refreshes your physique and thoughts.
- A Complete Examine On Impact Of Surya Namaskar On Cardio-respiratory Endurance
- Insights on Surya namaskar from its origin to software in direction of well being
Our Evaluation Course of
Your complete evaluation course of entails ranges of screening and analysis by environment friendly teams of writers, editors and accredited medical consultants. With the intention to determine long-lasting wholesome life-style habits, we’re dedicated to writing concurrent, medically backed and evidence-based articles. Read more
Reviewed By – Shamlee Pathare, Masters in Yoga Remedy
Medically Reviewed By: Dr Poonam Sharma
Final Up to date by: Sumita Thomas (Date: April 9, 2023)